The Department of Physics was started in December 1996 catering to the needs of Engineering Departments and has grown in tune with the demands of the Institution and improved its strength. Department consists of 10 experienced faculty members with 6 Doctorates. The faculty members have presented/published research papers in National/International Conferences and Journals. The Department has established a research laboratory for Crystal Growth. Department of Physics has been recognized as an approved research centre by Anna University, Chennai.
Achievements in the past years
- Physics department is a recognized research Centre by Anna University for guiding Ph. D and MS Scholars
- Obtained DST – TIDE project titled Development of Apex Locating, Anti microbial and Adaptive Gutta Percha Points for Root Canal Applications
- More than seventy publications in peer reviewed journals. Few faculty members are invited as reviewers and editors in various journals
- Six doctorate degree holders and three are pursuing Ph. D
- National Conference is held annually sponsored by agencies like SERB, BRNS etc
National & International Journal